Writer / Editor / Media training
New poem in the summer 2013 issue of The Moth Magazine
Read my short story “Pool” at Best Fiction
My novel Flasher is a finalist in the 2012 Faulkner-Wisdom Competition
Member: Authors Guild, Association of Writers and Writing Programs, South Carolina Arts Commission Roster of Approved Artists, Editorial Freelancers Association, Association of Literary Scholars, Critics, and Writers
I am a professional writer, editor, and media trainer available for short- or long-term projects. My portfolio includes nearly two thousand articles in national publications and online. In addition, I have more than twenty years of experience as an editor, including senior positions at McGraw-Hill, Thomas Publishing, and Rodale.
If you have a novel, story, thesis, annual report, press release, or other writing project you need polished, I can:
- Correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and word usage
- Check internal logic and thought flow for clarity
- Fix redundancies and inconsistencies
- Smooth transitions
- Suggest alternate wording as needed
- Ensure compliance with the specified stylebook
If you are preparing for an interview or a book tour, I can:
- Give you techniques for developing confidence
- Help you build your presentation skills
- Show you how to get the most benefit from media exposure
For more information or a quote on a project, please get in touch:
Great job. Thanks again for all your help. You made it a very easy process for us.
Oh what you did with my work is absolutely marvelous! It is exactly what I wanted to say.